There are many different types of Holistic Practices in the world. We're talking about 5 you may have not heard of and why you need to give them a try!
1. Reflexology: Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the body that map to other parts, glands, and organs of the body. Through the application of pressure on these reflexes, reflexology therapy can relieve tension, improve circulation, support the body's efforts to function optimally. Reflexology helps to manage many common ailments such as:
Hormonal and digestive issues
This is just a few of the amazing things that this modality can help with.
There are different types of reflexology, Foot Reflexology is the most common. But, there's also Hand, Ear, and Face Reflexology!
Check out the Reflexology Association of Canada's website to find a therapist near you, or just do a quick google search for someone in your area.
2. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy©: This therapy brings together bodywork, traditional remedies, herbal knowledge, and spiritual healing to support the restoration of the body and being to a state of wholeness. It can be supportive to many for such issues as reproductive, digestive, and structural concerns- including infertility, menstrual conditions, fibroids, endometriosis, GERD, IBS, Crohn's disease, adhesions, scarring, constipation, chronic fatigue, migraines, and chronic pain. It can be a potent ally on fertility journeys, working in conjunction with assisted reproductive technologies. Maya Abdominal Therapy works to increase the flow of blood, lymph, and energy throughout the body. When there is stagnation or a lack of flow to organs, illness and other concerns can occur. This modality isn't as popular in Canada yet, but there are still several practitioners out there check the Arvigo Institute website for a practitioner near you.
3. Reiki: Reiki is a form of energy therapy that uses a "universal energy" that transfers through the palms of a Reiki Practitioner to the patient to encourage emotional and physical healing. Energy can stagnate throughout the body where there has been physical injury or possibly emotional pain. In time, these energy blocks can cause illness. Energy medicine aims to help the flow of energy and remove blocks. Improving the flow of energy around the body can enable relaxation, reduce pain, speed healing, help people cope with difficulties, relieve emotional stress, reduce other symptoms of illness, and improve overall wellbeing. Do a quick Google search to find a Reiki Practitioner near you.
4. Nutritional Therapy: A Nutritional Therapist is much like a nutritionist, however through several questionnaires and tests they find out exactly what vitamins and minerals your body is lacking and is able to tailor a nutritional program that is right for you. As there is no one-size-fits-all approach with nutrition, what works for one person may cause serious health concerns for another, and this is why Nutritional Therapy is so important. It's a full holistic approach to wellness that focuses on the importance of a properly prepared, nutrient-dense, whole food diet paired with a well balanced lifestyle. Finding what nutrients you're lacking can help with many health issues, including balancing hormones, helping with digestive issues, diabetes management, losing weight, boosting immunity and so much more. Google to find a Nutritional Therapist in your area.
5. Axiatonal Alignment: This is a simple yet powerful modality that works along the meridian lines of the body. It is done in three parts: the first part clears the meridians of blocked energy allowing for the free flow of energy. The second part balances the right and left sides of the body and brain and the third part connects you to your consciousness. Some of the benefits of Axiatonal Alignment are:
A sense of well-being on al levels: mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual.
Deeper meditation for those who meditate
It powerfully boosts the effects of other therapies such as Reiki, Massage, and Reflexology.
It helps to balance, center, and focus the individual.
It helps to resolve issues through vivid dreams and memory flashbacks
It helps to eliminate old thought patterns and behaviours from our lives and help us find new ones that are more appropriate for us at that time.
This is a very gentle, healing force that can be beneficial for everyone!
These are just a few of the many, many great healing modalities out there. If there are any that you think could be beneficial for you, give them a try! You won't be disappointed.