Looking to change up your Sunday morning pancakes that the whole family will love? Try these amazing Apple Pie pancakes!
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Dietary Info: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 6
Ingredients: 3 Eggs
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 tbsps Maple Syrup (divided)
3/4 Lemon (juiced and divided)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Apple (cored and diced)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsps Almond Flour Notes: No Arrowroot Flour
Use tapioca flour or cornstarch.
Store pancakes in the fridge and reheat them in the toaster.
Directions: 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, 1/3 of the maple syrup, 1/3 of the lemon
juice and vanilla until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour and arrowroot flour. Add to the wet mixture
about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking thoroughly.
3. Mix in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Grease a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat. Once hot, pour
pancakes in the skillet, about 3-inches wide.
5. Once small holes begin to appear in the surface of the pancake, sprinkle a few apple
chunks onto it and flip over. Cook each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Repeat until
batter is finished.
6. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining apple chunks,
cinnamon, the remaining 2/3 of the lemon juice and the remaining 2/3 of the maple syrup.
Stir until combined.
7. Add almond flour and turn down to low-medium heat. Let simmer and stir occasionally
for 3 to 5 minutes or until apple chunks are soft.
8. Top apple pancakes with chunky apple cinnamon sauce and enjoy!
Show us how you recreate or modify this recipe by tagging us with the hashtag #ournaturalseats