As the days grow cooler and the leaves paint a vibrant tapestry, there's nothing quite like a steaming bowl of butternut squash soup to embrace the essence of autumn. This Recipe Corner invites you to embark on a culinary journey that marries the rich, nutty flavor of butternut squash with a medley of aromatic spices, creating a symphony of warmth and comfort in every spoonful.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (optional, for added creaminess)
- Fresh sage leaves for garnish
1. Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the diced butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast for about 30–35 minutes or until tender.
2. Sauté Aromatics: In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and carrots, sautéing until they become tender and aromatic.
3. Add Apples and Spices: Incorporate the chopped apples, roasted butternut squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger into the pot. Stir well to combine, allowing the flavors to meld.
4. Simmer: Pour in the vegetable broth, bringing the mixture to a gentle simmer. Let it cook for an additional 15–20 minutes to ensure all the ingredients are tender and infused with flavor.
5. Blend to Perfection: Using an immersion blender or transferring the mixture to a blender in batches, blend until smooth and velvety. If desired, add coconut milk for a luxurious, creamy texture.
6. Season and Serve: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnishing with fresh sage leaves for a fragrant touch.
7. Enjoy the Cozy Comfort: Curl up with a good book or share this delightful soup with loved ones. Its heartwarming goodness captures the very essence of fall.
This Butternut Squash Soup not only warms the body but also nourishes the soul with the wholesome flavors of the season. Feel free to customize with your favorite spices and herbs, making it a cherished recipe in your autumn culinary repertoire.